News and Events for February 2018
- Tuesday, February 13: Presbytery meets, Lafayette- Orinda.
- Wednesday, February 14: Ash Wednesday. February 14th is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the season of Lent.
A light supper will be served at 6:00pm, and worship at 6:45pm with the imposition of ashes.
- Sunday, February 18: Session meeting: Presbytery, at its meeting next Tuesday, will consider a motion for it to
enter negotiations with Covenant Church that could lead to an agreement that Covenant will turn all
its real property over to Presbytery in exchange for relief from repair and demolition obligations,
forgiveness of Covenant’s debt to Presbytery, and conditional rights to continued use of the property.
If Presbytery approves this motion, Session on Feb. 18 will appoint a committee to negotiate the
agreement. The agreement will have to be approved by Covenant’s congregation.
The congregation will be consulted as the negotiations take place.
- Sunday, February 25: Church Officers Training: Sunday, February 25, 1:30 – 4:30 pm, 1740 Sloat Blvd. All church
officers current or past are invited. The leader will be Rev. Keith Geckeler, the new stated clerk of
the Presbytery. Please inform Pastor Jeff by Wednesday, February 21 if you plan to attend.
- Covenant Cookbook: The Thursday Night Ladies are putting together a cookbook to sell and raise funds, and to be a way of sharing our favorite recipes! Please e-mail or write down your recipes (any number—the more the better!) and give them to Anne Jayne, or e-mail to JJayne@sanbrunocable.com
- Thursday Bible Study Bible Study is held on first and third Thursday afternoons, 3:00 - 4:30pm, in the pastor's office.
Maureen Chen and Louise Fung are leading a Bible study in Pastor Jeff's
office on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 3pm. The study guide is Ephesians –
Wholeness in a Broken World. Contact Maureen at Rmchen1080@sbcglobal.net for more
information. Next meeting January 4th .
- Sunday Bible Study, January 21, after fellowship time. This is a new Bible study on, "Who Is Jesus?
What a Difference a Lens Makes". There are nine lessons. The study magazine is on the entrance
door. The cost of the study book is $6.00, in cash or by check. Make out checks to “Covenant PC”,
with “Bible study” in the lower left-hand corner. Please join in this study.
- Parking lot slots. Reminder for church programs and events: white – Covenant P.C., Yellow – Bay Church. For any other use of the lot please check with the office beforehand for permission and confirmation. Please have an identification on your vehicle that you are with our church. Unknown vehicles may be cited and towed.
- Facebook Page: Visit our Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/CovenantPCSF If there is any fun news happening in your life, let us know! We'd love to get the whole church involved with updates and helping keep us all connected with what's going on in our lives and in our faith lives.